Friday, August 28, 2009

School Days, School Days!

They are upon us! It is that time of year again where will be starting our Preschool curriculum. We will be following a preschool program called Reach For the Stars. It is a great program that helps guide us through our Preschool learning journey.

As you all know that we have recently moved the preschool/play room to the basement. We are getting onto a good routine as to when we go downstairs during the day, but I have to confess I am not on a good afternoon routine yet after we pick up Owen from Kindergarten. They all want to be doing different things in different places at that time, so I cannot guarantee if pick up will be downstairs or upstairs for the moment. Follow the arrow on the door. If it is pointing down, then we are downstairs. If there is NO arrow on the front door, then we are upstairs doing something. My hope is that we will find a consistent routine with this after Monday when Raymond starts preschool and we can all play together.

I will be finishing up the Sept. newsletter to send home with you all on Monday with a calendar and other information of things we will be doing for the month. I would also like to start a library checkout program with all of the books that I have, so watch for more information on that. I am going to be a lot better with the blog and my goal is every Friday to update with a post on the week in review with pictures of things we have been doing.

I will be teaching midweek at my church the first semester of school on Wednesday nights, but they have bumped the starting time back this year to 6:30 pm so this should not interfere with pick up times or anything like that.

Last but not least for the moment, as you all know we are expecting a girl!!! A nice closing to our little family. Her due date is around January 15, and in the past I have taken 1-2 weeks off of work depending on the circumstances. Upon the arriving date my mom will also be here to help out if I happen to go into labor a few days early, your child will not be stranded at home by themselves! :) I will keep everyone posted as the time nears with more information as to the exact dates I will be closed. We are very excited to finally be adding a little girl to the mix though, but it will not change any of the lessons scheduled other than the month of Jan. will be a little more flexible on lesson plans and we will be extending our Christmas break until Feb. 1, where we will pick up our preschool stuff again.

I look forward to another great start to the Preschool year!

No comments: