Dear daycare parents, I apologize for being absent from the daycare blog for a few weeks. It has been a busy time getting back into a routine with everyone and just finding time to even get to the computer.
For the first week back we had a free play week, where we all got used to being back together and meeting Judd and testing out our new routine. We also made some St. Patricks day crafts and some Easter crafts over the last couple of weeks that the kids got to take home.
This week, we got back on our curriculum plan and started with our weekly letter and numbers again. So this week we worked on the letter ' I' and the number '11'. The kids completed some worksheets and coloring pages on these and we played some counting games and find the letter I games. We also spent a good deal of time this week, catching up on our workbooks that we've fallen a bit behind on. I think we are pretty well back on track.
Hopefully everyone got a copy of the tentative April calendar, but if not let me know. I have also updated my online calendar too. As a reminder, though I only list the letter and number of the week that we are working on, we are still working on colors, shapes and other concepts throughout the days, but I find those are easiest learned during play time and story time, etc. As I'm sure you have noticed, in the next couple of weeks we will be doing another theme week, this time to celebrate Spring! We've already begun to point out the signs of Spring as they start to appear and talk about how things are growing and coming back to life. I'm hoping that on Earth Day we will spend time talking about recycling, planting trees and flowers, and cleaning up garbage and littering - to help the children understand how important it is to keep our Earth clean. We will be talking about how their families help keep the Earth clean and healthy too, so maybe you can offer them some things you do as a family that they can share with the rest of the group!
I hope that everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the very nice weather! Hopefully when you come on Monday, my yard will be free from its leaves and winter debris and look a little more "springy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment