Today was our last day of fun-filled travels, where we found ourselves in a library filled with books! The kids got to learn about what a library is and how to be quiet so as not to disturb others reading. We got to learn about how many neat things you can find in a library and how many different stories are there.We each took turns pretending to be the Librarian and checking out books. We read a lot of books and ate goldfish for snack to commemorate "One fish Two fish, Red fish Blue fish".
After snack time we had the unique opportunity to create our own picture books! The kids got to put coloring pages from the rest of the week in there and draw pictures about all the places they visited! I think they had a lot of fun being authors. I think their books all turned out very nice.
So our visit to the Library wrapped up our week of travels, but hopefully it introduced the kids to some new and exciting places and ideas. It was a nice break from our normal routine of letters and numbers and I think it got the kids a little over their stir crazy winter feelings.
So our visit to the Library wrapped up our week of travels, but hopefully it introduced the kids to some new and exciting places and ideas. It was a nice break from our normal routine of letters and numbers and I think it got the kids a little over their stir crazy winter feelings. 
No comments:
Post a Comment